Buying a Car and Traveling to Turkey
Buying a Car in Turkey
Vehicle sales are done at the notary. It takes approximately 15 minutes. If it is a brand new car, all processes handled by the sales company.
It is important to prepare all the necessary documents before starting the sales process. The documents are as follows;
• License (ruhsat) and traffic document provided by seller
• Notary sales document provided by the notary
• Valid identity document (Identity card, Turkish driver's license, notarized passport translation with original passport)
• Power of Attorney (If transactions are to be made by other people)
• Valid address and phone number
All costs are handled by the buyer
• Notary Documents: 148.50 TL
• Notary Fee: 54 TL
• Document Printing Fee: 22 TL
• Brand new vehicle sales fee (if it is a brand new car): 171,00 TL
Some conditions that may prevent vehicle sales in the notary
• The vehicle has a motor vehicle tax debt or the tax has not been fully paid
• The vehicle has HGS or OGS (Otomatic Passing System) debt
• The vehicle has unpaid tariff penalty
• The vehicle's last inspection date has passed
• There is a lien or pledge on the vehicle, the sale is forbidden
Notary process for vehicle sales
• Documents are fully prepared and presented to the notary
• If there are no obstacles to sales, sales, and transfer contracts are prepared by the notary
• One of the contracts prepared is kept in the notary archive, one is given to the seller and another one is given to the buyer
• Notary public fee, taxes and fees of current transactions are calculated by cashier
• Vehicle transfer fee should be paid by the buyer. Unless otherwise stated, the seller does not pay any notary fees
• After the payments are made, sales confirmation is obtained
• Buyer will receive the license immediately right after-sales confirmation
Traveling to Turkey by Car
Rental Cars in Turkey
Since public transportation slows you down, visitors in Turkey might want to rent a car. This way people can save their valued time and see more locations unless visiting time is more than 2 months. If a visitor would like to travel for more than 2 months in Turkey, buying a car would be more wisely.
Automatic passing system
After buying a car you will only need to apply for OGS/HGS (automatic passing system) from any PTT office or bank in Turkey for you to pass paid highways, bridges and tunnels. PTT offices or banks provide a sticker for you to stick it to the windscreen. There is a prepaid and automatic bill payment system for you to choose also. If you rent a car this system comes with the car.
The police are active on the roads with radar guns checking that speed limits are being adhered to. They also like to randomly stop you to check your car papers.
When you park in the street, you will be greeted by a parking attendant who will put a ticket on the windscreen stating the time you parked. There are also private parking companies. Most of the shopping malls are free or free for at least the first 3 hours.
Fuel and service areas
Both petrol and diesel are placed in all gas stations. There is a gas pomp attendance that provides gas to your car. Gas stations are generally in service are which has also toilets and restaurants altogether.
The signs are very good for getting from city to city. Know what cities are on the route you want to take, it makes following the signs much easier. You can also use the navigation to get everywhere.
Explore Turkish Realty’s First Issue is Published!
Best Places to Buy a Holiday House in Mediterranean Region
It is the Right Time for Buying Property in Turkey
New Preferences on Turkish Property Market After COVID-19
Buying a Car and Traveling to Turkey
From Antalya Homes Emlak AŞ to Tekçe Overseas Gayrimenkul AŞ
International Flights Start to Turkey
Turkey Revealed COVID-19 Normalization Plan
READ ALL NEWS